Triple Chocolate Muffin Cakes – Ideal Protein Phase 1 Compliant
Is it a muffin? Or is it cake? You will have to try these triple chocolate muffin cakes and decide! They turned out moist and delicious and very satisfying to my chocolate sweet tooth!
The recipe uses 2 different Ideal Protein packets, Chocolate Chip pancake mix and Dark Chocolate Pudding Mix. If you are following the plan using alternative Ideal Protein products, then you can make this recipe using the regular ProtiDiet pancake mix and their chocolate pudding mix. It will be a double chocolate muffin cake, but still! Plenty of chocolate flavor to go around!
Ingredients List for Triple Chocolate Muffin Cakes
- 1 packet Ideal Protein Chocolate Chip Pancake mix
- 1 packet Ideal Protein Dark Chocolate Pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2-3 tbsp water (or enough to make a batter)
- 2-3 tbsp Walden Farms Chocolate syrup or dip
Assembling Triple Chocolate Muffin Cakes
- Combine all ingredients except for the Walden Farms chocolate syrup into a small bowl.
- Divide the mixture evenly into a 6 piece muffin pan. (Use silicon pans, they work amazing!)
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Done when a toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Once they are completely cold, use a sharp knife to slice each muffin in half.
- Spread Walden Farms dip or syrup in the middle layer and put the top back on the muffin. You can also spread some on top.
This recipe makes 6 triple chocolate muffin cakes and 3 of them are one unrestricted Ideal Protein serving for Phase 1 plan.
This recipe also works well if you want to swap out the Ideal Protein packets and use Ideal Protein Alternative Plan packets. Although I am a great believer in the program (22 pounds lost so far at the time of writing this), I know it is expensive and there is a large Facebook group of people who are doing the IP plan using alternative packets.