The Master Cleanse has been around for years and is a favorite of Hollywood stars needing to crash off 10 pounds fast for an event. When Beyonce Knowles told Oprah that she lost 20 pounds for the filming of Dream Girls by following the Master Cleanse, sales of the ebook went crazy! We have the Master Cleanse Recipe and Directions for you right here!
It is basically like a juice fast except that for 10 days you drink 60 oz a day of the Master Cleanse Recipe. The easiest way to do it is to get a big jug and make it either the night before or every morning.
I have to admit that I have tried the Master Cleanse a few times and crashed very quickly. I had heard that it helps to get the book but I figured why do that when I had the recipe? Well, because so many of my friends swear by it, I finally did break down and get the book and I’m glad I did. I actually made it through a full 10 days and lost 18 pounds!
What’s Inside the Master Cleanse Secrets eBook?
Well, after reading the book I was motivated not only from a weight loss point of view, I was determined to cleanse my body of all that built up toxic waste. There is a lot of detail in here about the health benefits of doing a cleanse and why we need to do this 2 or 3 times a year. The ebook covers:
- Reasons to cleanse and why it’s so important
- Controlling hunger while on the Master Cleanse
- Helpful secondary ingredients you can use on the cleanse to reduce side effects
- A daily Master Cleanse schedule, the optimum times to have the lemonade and the secondary ingredients
- Preparing your body and mind for the cleanse to get the best results
- The best way to exit the Master Cleanse and keep the results you worked so hard for
- Question and Answer section
I have to say that with all the extra information and motivation, the book really did help me last the 10 days. You can order yours here. The great thing is that you get it right away as a download and don’t have to wait to get started on your prep work.
Master Cleanse Recipe and Directions
Please Note: For a full day’s juice, you will need to make this recipe twice! Unless you have a large enough jug, then you can just double the recipe. Also the minimum to drink is 60 ounces of recipe, and the maximum is the whole 120 ounces. So for the first day, try the whole 120 ounces and see how it goes.
- 60 oz filtered water
- 12 tbsp Organic Dark Maple Syrup
- 12 tbsp organic lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender (optional) or a large pitcher and stir. That is it!
You may also drink filtered water and mint tea. Highly recommended is a nightly laxative tea, but that is pretty much it for the 10 days!
Important Note about the Maple Syrup In the book it says the Maple Syrup must be Grade B. They are no longer graded that way for sale, what you need to look for is the Dark Maple syrup which used to be called Grade B.
Most people quit The Master Cleanse on their first day and so I would highly recommend getting a copy of Raylen Sterling’s ebook. She walks you through it step by step and gives a lot of extra tips and tricks to make it through.
Pros and Cons of the Master Cleanse
The Good Things
- Rapid Weight Loss of 10-15 lbs in 10 days
- Simple. make your batch every morning and don’t have to worry about what to eat and how much
The Not so Great
- You will be very hungry the first couple days
- Some people will experience fatigue, headaches and even nausea
- Not sustainable for a long term diet. Yes, there are times when you need to crash off some pounds for an event. As long as you go into it knowing that if you don’t change your eating habits, the weight will come back afterwards. Treat it like a jump start to a new way of eating.
Coombs Family Farms Pure Organic Grade A Maple Syrup, Dark Color, Robust Taste, 32-OunceSimply Organic Cayenne Pepper Certified Organic, 2.89-Ounce ContainerTraditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move Peppermint Tea, 16 Tea Bags
The Master Cleanse lemonade recipe itself tastes pretty good and you do get quite a few calories from the maple syrup to sustain you (about 1300 calories a day).
So this is doable, but still, I would pick a 10 day period where there is not too much going on so that you can focus on yourself and even sleep more if needed.
And make sure you do not have a wedding or banquet to attend in the middle of your cleanse!
Good luck and let us know how you make out in the comments below!