This Ideal Protein recipe for Apple Danish uses the Apple Oatmeal packet. This is one of my favorite Ideal Protein breakfast recipes! I usually make 6 danishes and save 3 for another day. If you are following the Ideal Protein Alternative plan you can use the Proti Diet Apple cinnamon packet instead.
The Key Ingredient for Ideal Protein Apple Danish Recipe
The key ingredient to this Apple Danish recipe is Walden Farms Apple Butter. Although the Ideal Protein oatmeal packets can be used to make tasty muffins, what makes this more of a danish is the sweet center filling.
You could also use one of the Walden Farms sugar free jams.
Each Apple Danish gets 1 teaspoon of the Apple Butter in the center. The Apple Butter is quite sweet, so it is more than enough!
Ingredient List for Ideal Protein Apple Danish Recipe (2 meals)
- 2 packets Ideal Protein apple oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet Stevia (or whatever sweetener is allowed by your coach)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ -1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tbsp Walden Farms Apple Butter
Note: Peeling the zucchini first like I did here gives this more of an authentic Danish look (less green bits)
- Beat eggs in a glass bowl or measuring cup
- Add the rest of ingredients except Apple Butter and use a spatula to combine until mixed
- Divide evenly among a 6 count whoopie pan, flatten the batter. (The exact pan that I use is pictured right)
- Using a spoon, make a small well or indentation in the middle of each one.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Before eating, fill each depression with 1 teaspoon apple butter. Enjoy!