Kristen’s Raw is a website and resource for people who want to experiment with a raw food vegan diet. What I like about Kristen Suzanne is that while she eats a lot of raw food and has an amazing repetoire of raw food meals and recipes, she does not advocate that you have to be 100% raw in order to get the benefits.
She has a series of ebooks, she has published books available on Amazon and she has a blog and website full of useful information and recipes.
Pros and Cons of Raw Food Diet Plan
- How can raw fruits and veggies be bad for you!? You eat lots of healthy food.
- Many people experience rapid weight loss on a raw food diet
- No weighing and measuring, you just eat your fill of raw and healthy foods
- A lot of dogma in the raw food world will have you thinking it’s all or nothing (which is why I like Kristen)
- Eating 100% raw vegan foods means you are likely going to have to supplement
- Raw Food Vegan diet is not cheap, you have a lot of hyped up superfoods to pay for!
So now for my personal experience. I actually was 100% on a raw food diet plan for 7 months. I felt great, but we discovered that I have severe anemia. It wasn’t caused by being on a raw foods plan, I have always had trouble absorbing iron. So I do now eat meat again. But I still eat many of my favorite raw foods recipes!
I am totally for people upping the raw content of their diets. You don’t have to be 100% raw to enjoy the benefits of adding more fruits and veggies into your diet. Any of those books will help you do that and go a long way to take your health to the next level. You may be surprised at what can happen when you bring even a little bit of a raw food diet plan into your life!
Leave a comment below if you have any experience with a raw food diet plan!