Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe Ideal Protein Compliant
This healthy Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is one of my favorite Ideal Protein dinner recipes! It is super fast and easy and the taste is very authentic. Chinese food cravings be gone!
I got the idea from a fellow blogger Jessica and her brilliant recipe for Egg Roll in a Bowl right here. I have tweaked it to fit the Ideal Protein diet plan. Her site is a treasure trove of clean eating ideas so I hope you give her Clean Eating blog a visit!
Zero Carb Zero Sugar Natural Rice Vinegar is Key to Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe taste!
There are just a couple of key tips I want to share about prepping this ‘Egg Roll in a Bowl’ dish so that it tastes the most authentic, while still following the Ideal protein plan.
Rice vinegar is key but most of them are seasoned and loaded with sugar. You must look for an all natural rice vinegar that has zero carbs, zero sugar to be Ideal protein compliant.
Be sure to read the label!
The second tip is to use ground chicken if you can get it. It still works well with ground turkey, but the ground chicken just gives an edge (as voted by my teenagers). Also I use 4 ounces usually, but you can use up to 8 ounces if you have not used any of your protein for the day.
The only other thing that makes this even better is ginger paste.
Here again, you want to find one like that that has no added sugar and zero carbs.
Yes, you could also grate some fresh ginger. I love fresh ginger, but I’m a working mom and so products like that make a huge difference for me!
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe Ideal Protein Style!
- 4-8 ounces ground chicken(or ground turkey, see notes above)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 green onions, diced
- ½ c bean sprouts
- ½ c. bok choy, diced
- 1 c. Sui Choy, diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar, must be the Natural kind with zero carbs and sugar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Saute ground chicken in non stick pan until cooked. Drain off fat and set aside chicken, but leave all the bits in the pan.
- Heat oil in the same pan
- Stir fry the onions, choy and beansprouts until softened.
- Add the chicken and stir fry another minute
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger garlic paste.
- Stir fry another 30 seconds.